The online market is experiencing fierce competition owing to the proliferation of e-commerce platforms. Nowadays, it has become easy for any one intending to launch their business online store to do so regardless of whether they have the money or not as there are many free online store builders to leverage. Thus, it has become difficult to succeed online, and many online stores are failing by the day. The best way to ensure success is to identify online businesses that have become a big success, study their model and use them as a prototype when you create online store.
Here are six e-commerce platforms with high conversion rates and their marketing strategies
- Zapos.com,Zapos.com is a subsidiary of Amazon.com that is based in Las Vegas. Zapos.com specializes in shoes and clothing for women, men, and kids at competitive prices. The success of Zapos.com can be anchored on the provision of a five-star customer service as well as the word of mouth advertisement. After you use a competent online store builder, borrow a leaf from Zapos to make your selling products online a success.
- Over-Stock. Over-stock has its headquarters in the United States. The store offers more than one million discounted products ranging from jewelry, furniture, electronic goods, watches and clothing among others. Over-stock has in place three-pronged e-commerce strategies that involve using social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook as tools to engage their target customers, use of search marketing, and the use of Spigit’s Facebook analytics to achieve a clear, compelling and accurate messaging to their target customers. They have also launched a mobile app to embolden their mobile offerings.
- Macy’s.com.Macy's.com is a fashion centered e-commerce website. On the platform, they sell clothing and other fashionable items from reputable fashion brands. The online business is successful owing to its deliberate strategy of providing unbeatable customer service experience. We naturally go back to buy from an online store if our previous experience of buying from the store was excellent. Macy's.com have a lot of repeat clients, and they also get new customers as a result of reviews and referrals by happy customers. Macy's website is great concerning appearance, design, and functionality. They have also developed a great mobile wallet.
- Etsy.com.Etsy specializes in unique handmade items as well as factory made products like furniture, jewelry, and clothing. Etsy is among the most successful e-commerce platforms and boasts of more than sixty million visitors monthly. The success of Etsy is attributable to having a top notch web design that is highly responsive, user-friendly and easily navigable. They at all times maintain brand credibility and engage their target customers consistently on all social media platforms. Etsy also sends monthly personalized news letters, and most of the reviews praise them for the fast shipping of ordered items.
- Shop.com. Shop.com is another successful online platform that you can study to help with your selling products online. They have an aesthetic web design that is appealing, user-friendly, and highly responsive. The root of their success is centered on their use of Channel Advisor. Channel Advisor Corp is an e-commerce platform based in Morrisville in North Carolina that provides Cloud –based e-commerce services to more than 2800 clients worldwide. Channel Advisor helps Shopify by providing them with among others, automatic delivery of product data, channel management, and analytics.
- Kohls.com.Kohls.com is a business online that specializes in clothing but also offer other house hold items to its customers. They have both online and physical store so that you can buy online and proceed to pick the items from their physical stores. Their success lies in engaging customers using modern technology, store-specific promotions, and availing ordered products ready for pick up within four hours of placing the orders.
The above e-commerce platforms are a big success. All of them put down a deliberate strategy t. It means that you can also stream line your online store and push it to success by modeling on some of the above strategies coupled with your unique attributes.
For you to sell online successfully, you need to stand out and differentiate yourself from your competitors. And how can you do that? One of the best ways to differentiate yourself is by using CONTENT. Content helps you generate customer loyalty, build SEO, and it also helps to push both existing and new customers to Read more about Six content marketing ideas you have to know to sell online[…]
Read this article and discover the 8 best ideas you can use right now to start your own successful business online! With today’s technology, everyone can start a business online. The best thing is that online businesses don’t require a lot of money, at least not in the beginning. With little or no cost Read more about Start a Successful Business Online: 8 Business Ideas You Can Use Right Now[…]
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms. It has been used by many people to post updates about their travel, hobbies and allow a peek of their lives. Today, marketers see an enormous potential in Instagram as a favorite business tool. The reason marketers have started relying on these social media platforms Read more about INSTAGRAM AS A POPULAR PLATFORM TO SELL![…]